Friday, March 8, 2019

Los Barriles

We're here!  What a great feeling to know we made it down the Baja once again!

Our drive down from San Lucas Cove was great - there's a lot more scenery to look at on the 2nd half of the journey including the mountain passes we drive through!  But 9 hours later we pulled into Los Barriles to a different rental this year!

After living in a 450 sq ft casita last year, this year we opted to rent a larger home - still on the beach - to the tune of 1200 sq ft!!  WOW - I can't believe how big the house STILL feels compared to last year!

We only had the truck about 1/2 way unloaded ( I think we brought everything but the kitchen sink!) when our friends Eric and Hilary stopped by to chat!  Hard to believe it's been a year since we've seen them!

There was sure a LOT more space to put everything this year and I enjoyed unpacking and finding places for it all!

You have to get up EARLY to see the sunrise here - to the tune of about 5:30!!  I could see it was going to be pretty and then Glenn yelled at me that there were wild horses on the beach and I caught them just as they were going by the side of our house!


See that white van/camper in the above picture!  It was a younger couple and when Glenn was starting to unload the boat, he came over to help as he was tall and strong!!  He had seen our CO license plates and wanted to know where we were from - they were Cripple Creek, about 15 miles away from us!!  Small world!

Later, the horses went by one more time and I caught the little one!


Back to the sunrise - just can't stop snapping when they're this pretty!


I finished finding places for everything and Glenn got the tv and DVD player hooked up - we had brought a smaller TV down since there wasn't one here and movies to watch in the evening!  I went to hook up my IPOD and realized I had forgotten to bring the charger for it - DARN!!  So talked to Jaime and she said she could find it in our house and mail it to Patty who is coming down in 2 weeks!

I no sooner hung up then happened to look at the radio/speaker set up on the tall stand and lo and behold you just set your IPOD right on it - I was thrilled!!!

It was beautiful out and by early afternoon Glenn decided to take the boat out!  He had fun and caught enough fish for dinner last evening and more for tonight!


We have internet!!  There wasn't internet last fall and I asked the owner if he was going to put it in and he DID so I was thrilled!!  He also put on screens on the sliding doors which was wonderful!

The master bedroom is to the left of the picture and it has an en suite bathroom.




The door that is open leads to the guest bedroom which also has an attached bathroom and the other door is a 1/2 bath off the dining room.

So the house is awesome and we are so happy we were able to rent it!

I spent my afternoon under the covered porch on my lounger just enjoying the ocean!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow that house is big compared to last year's! I'm thinking I need to visit next year!

Teri said...

WOW - that is beautiful. You will have a wonderful time there. Enjoy!