Thursday, February 27, 2020

Ascension Bay

I was surprised at the weather on the Pacific side - cool, cloudy and windy!  It reminded me of the Pacific Northwest and I had to admit I was a little disappointed as I was ready for warmth and sun!  Our view off of the patio was beautiful though - no sandy beach to walk along the water but there was a dirt road where I could walk in the mornings!


Here's our patio which was really nice BUT the majority of the time it was too cloudy and cold OR too windy to sit out there!


The most unique thing about this little town is a blowhole and it sits right in front of the inn we were staying in!  It was fun to watch the water come spouting out when it was high tide!


This is looking the other direction taken from the other side of the inn.  And yes, I waited for a sunny day to take these pictures!


The owner of the inn is obsessed with whales so has lots of whale bones around, along with lots of quite unique shells!

Here's the outside of the inn along with another friend we made who was staying there.


We enjoyed garlic shrimp that first evening at one of the 2 restaurants in town - outside seating - and met a few people that joined us at our table.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Even though cool it is much better than what we have here - enjoy your time!