Wednesday, May 13, 2020

An Escape To Denver

Gosh I was excited to head north for Mother's Day Weekend!  2 days in Denver and 2 days in Ft. Collins - I don't always get to spend Mothers Day with one of the girls so it was really great to see at least 2 of them!!  And I had seen Jaime the week before....

I stopped to get gas in W. Pk on the way - I had a .30 off my gas so the tank was filled for $13.31!!  WOW - I'm loving these gas prices!!

Traffic was not normal on the way to Denver - I always try to miss rush hour due to the amount of traffic but this time mid-morning was a breeze driving!  Jessi was working till mid-afternoon but the kids and Gary were home!  It was a gorgeous day so we sat outside and it was fun catching up with Gary before he went to work!

It was great to see Jessi when she arrived home and I don't think we stopped talking for the next few hours!!!!  Always great to catch up!

Dinner was amazing - shrimp and crab linguine!!  I never make that dish (although I don't know why!) but it was so good and I stuffed myself! (picture toward the bottom)   And THEN I find out she's bought me my favorite ice cream - chunky monkey!!  Gosh, I'm spoiled!!  (and yes it got pretty cold that evening so we were all sitting around with hot packs on!!)


After grabbing a quick bite of breakfast on Saturday morning, we headed to our favorite coffee spot - we were excited to see they were open AND that we could walk in to order!  They were super busy and we had to wait a while to even order but that was OK - it was great to know that a small business WAS open and WAS busy!!  We took our coffee back home and sat in the sun (and wind) to enjoy it!!

Present time!!  Once again my wonderful 3 daughters ordered my blog book from 2019!  What a cool cover this one had!  I'm published - hooray!!!  And it's SO MUCH FUN to read back through it and look at the pictures!!  Thank you girls - I LOVE getting this gift every year!


Gwyn has learned to ride her bike without the training wheels and does an awesome job!!


I also received cards from Kenzie and Gwyn - Kenzie made me a bracelet and a bookmark!  Yes, I was spoiled!!



Jessi and I went to Hobby Lobby after we discovered it was open!  We did have to stand in line outside and had our masks ready but they were not required!  Jessi was looking for decorations for her new bathroom but unfortunately we just didn't find what she had in mind!!  Maybe next time....

I played cards with the kids - always a fun thing!!


After an early dinner, it was time to head to Ft. Collins - Jessi sent me off with a loaf of banana bread AND a loaf of her Amish bread - both were excellent!!   It was hard to say goodbye to everyone and Gwyn was in tears - seeing her cry is so hard on me so of course tears were streaming down my face as I drove away!!!        So good to see everyone!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a wonderful time! I can't wait to get to see my grandkids again - may be quite awhile :(