Thursday, May 14, 2020

Mother's Day In Ft. Collins

It was a nice drive to Ft. Collins and a whole lot less traffic!  What fun to see everyone again!!

The kids always have things to show me in their rooms and Aleah was busy choreographing a dance for her mom on Mother's Day so I helped her with that!  It was actually pretty cool outside and when I got up the next morning to walk, it was 37 degrees!!  You would have thought I was back in the mountains!

Aleah and Parker had gotten up early to decorate the downstairs and have the table ready with gifts for their mom and even me!!  I received a lovely card, a bookmark, a bracelet that Aleah had made and a little bag full of tiny notes - so sweet!!


Parker was bored I guess and wanted to set up a game - he asked his mom if he could get some plastic cups down and of course she said yes!!  Cute game but Jill had NO IDEA he was going to set up all of her cups - glad it's her washing all of them instead of me!!


I did play the game and enjoyed it!


Robby cooked us a yummy omelet for breakfast and Jill and I had some down time to get a little bit of reading in! I enjoyed a butter braid with my morning coffee - it was so good!! After lunch, Jill, Aleah and I went to Starbucks to get some frappes - yes, the line was out on the street - but it did go fast!  We enjoyed our drinks as we walked around the oval at CSU!  We were hoping all the trees would be in bloom but they're not quite there yet!  I think that last snow they got put everything a little bit behind!



It was sure nice and green though!

Robby cooked us an excellent dinner that night, along with Jill's help!  King crab and shrimp prepared 2 different ways - SO GOOD!!!  Also corn on the cob and Red Lobster biscuits!  After all of that, I sure didn't need any dessert that night!  We enjoyed some tv and relaxed!

Monday I enjoyed watching both kids do their online studies!  Parker didn't have a lot to do but Aleah was on with her teacher so that was fun to watch and to see how their different programs work!  It's certainly a lot of technology that is way beyond what I know!

After lunch it was time to head back to the mountains!  Thanks Jill for a great time !  It was so fun to celebrate Mothers Day with you!

2 comments:

Teri said...

How fun to see all the kids. Looked like lovely weather - ours was horrible that day. Oh well!

Jill said...

We were so glad you came to see us! How special for us all to be together!