Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Camping With The Smiths

We decided it had been years since we've camped with Jaime's!!  SO when Brad suggested that Glenn show him some of his hunting spots over at Sargents, we decided to make a camping trip out of it!

Glenn and I left Tuesday morning to secure a spot - we had no idea if there would be any as the spots are pretty limited with our large trailers but we found a great place with plenty of room and fairly level!  We set up and then headed over to Gunnison to visit our friends and see their new house!  These are the friends that stayed in our place while we went to Mexico!

Jan and Jan's house is just lovely!!  And after some awesome margaritas, we headed to Garlic Mike's for an early dinner to celebrate all of our birthdays!!  Glenn and I had been there a couple of years ago and the food was fantastic!!  This time though - not so great!!  But we still had a good time!

Jaime's arrived about noon the next day and after getting set up, a few of them headed out to ATV!  Jaime, Kylan and I stayed and played games - a LOT of them!


One morning, Glenn and I, and Jaime and Brad took a couple hours ride through a lot of aspens - it was so pretty!!  Jaime decided she LOVED to ATV, especially through all the trees!


I did dinner the first night - taco stew - it was a hit along with the strawberries and angel food cake topped with whipped cream - yum!!


Matias and Jaime heading out for a ride!


One evening Jaime and I took a walk - the sun setting in the west was beautiful behind these trees - Jaime took this picture as her phone camera is even better than mine!!


There were purple flowers blooming all over - you got to love Colorado in the summertime!!  The only downfall was the dust on the main road as it was super dry over there!

Glenn and a few of them went rock hunting on Friday morning - found some cool ones!  I stayed home and drank my coffee in the sun and played cards with Kylan!


Some of the aspens we drove through - I told Jaime we needed to come back in the fall!


I rarely get a picture of Glenn and I in our Razor!!  So Jaime helped me out!


We even had a campfire one night!!  I had checked to see if there was a fire ban on and there was where we were camping!  So the first two nights we followed the rules and didn't have a fire - but the last night a couple of us drove around and many had fires going so we decided to have one too! S'mores were made with marshmallows that Jaime had brought and they already had chocolate in the middle!!  WOW!!  I'm not a s'mores fan so I declined to eat one but everyone said they were great!

So while we were heading home on Friday (the day before the 4th), everyone else was heading out to camp!  It's so nice to have the option of camping during the week!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

SO fun! I'm glad you guys got a camping trip in together!

Teri said...

Looks like so much fun and yes how nice to camp during the week!

Jill said...

Those trees and flowers were beautiful!