Friday, July 31, 2020

Packed To The Hilt

Late Friday morning Glenn headed out to LVR to pick up Evan, Kenzie, Aleah and Parker - with strict instructions on what each child was to put in the car!  (4 items apiece - they have left stuff at LVR before and it's a LONG drive out there)  He did great and got it all!

After arriving back at our house, I fed them a quick lunch while they all recounted stories of their camp days!!


Next was trying to rearrange ALL of their luggage as we had to get Gwyn's car seat in there along with her stuff and MY stuff since I was staying up there for 3 nights!  WOW was that an ordeal!   But we finally got it all arranged and headed to Denver - traffic was not bad at all and we made great time getting up there!

Jill was already there - she had come down from Ft Collins to not only pick up her kids but to spend the night so the 3 of us could spend some time together for our birthdays - mainly COFFEE together!

Jessi and Gary fixed a great dinner and then we all had ice cream!  I was thrilled to see a carton of chunky monkey waiting in the freezer for ME!!


Yes, I eat it right out of the carton!!


The girls decided to spend the night outside on the trampoline!  And I guess they slept OK!!


Saturday morning we went out for coffee!!  Still can't sit inside or outside at the coffee place so we went to the park where we had our family pictures taken a few years ago!  It's a beautiful park and was pretty busy!  Hooray for great coffee with 2 beautiful daughters!


Jill headed home that day and I spent the next day and 1/2 just hanging out at the house -  enjoying my new computer that Robby had gotten for me (it's SO much faster!!), downloading more music from Amazon, playing games with the kids and taking walks!

Monday morning I had an appt. with my endocrinologist who is up in Denver so that all worked out fine!  I do have to admit I was ready for some down time after all of the company!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you so much for picking up the kids at LVR!

Teri said...

So nice you get to spend time with the girls on your birthday month!