Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Denver Babysitting

 Jessi and Gary headed to Mt. Princeton for their anniversary and I drove to Denver to babysit the kids!  The weather was perfect when I drove up and Gary and I walked to Gwyn's school so I would know right where to pick her up and take her the next morning!

Jessi had made chili to eat that evening so I didn't even have to cook!!  HOORAY!!  Mid-afternoon I walked to Gwyn's school and found a seat on a bench - I was plenty early which is fine by me - and soon all the kids started walking out with their teachers and all stood in a line until they see their parent and then she lets them go.  So I'm searching and searching trying to find her amidst all the masks!!  And then this girl waves at me and I pull my mask down and say "Is that you Gwyn?"  And of course she shakes her head yes!!!  OMG - I can't believe I didn't recognize her with her mask on!!!!

Thursday morning was red, white and blue day!!  She wanted to wear her 4th of July dress but it looked cold out so I said no and we found this outfit!!  Gwyn was so excited to wear it since it had "love" on the front and that was one of her "power" words the night before!!  We about FROZE walking to school - should have taken the car!!  BRRRRRR


Evan and Kenzie decided my phone case was FILTHY!!  Could they clean it??  Of course - I didn't care - so that's what they did!!!  We played some cards that evening!


Gwyn had fun putting stickers in the "amazon" book that came in the mail and circling everything she wanted for Christmas which was basically everything!!  Gotta love being a kid!


After walking Gwyn to school on Thursday morning, I took the kids out for coffee!  They wanted Starbucks frappes - of course there could only be 2 people at a table so we just brought them home!  I am not a fan of Starbucks but ordered a pumpkin mocha and it was great!!  It was WONDERFUL to see the colors in Denver as all of our leaves are gone - taken by the wind!

Jessi and Gary got home early evening - they had a wonderful time at the hot springs and we enjoyed catching up till we couldn't keep our eyes open!!  Gary took Gwyn to school the next morning so we snuck out for coffee - again to Starbucks since there is nothing else close and Jessi had to go to work but since we were 2 people, we did get to sit and enjoy our coffee together!

It was a wonderful time babysitting the kids - I LOVE being Nana and getting to do this!

2 comments:

Teri said...

How nice you get to do that - I do miss that option!

DrKeppy said...

We LOVE when you come and visit! Thank you again for all you did - the kids had such a wonderful time!! (so did Gary and I!)