Sunday, October 25, 2020

Li'l Red Rodeo

 Remember that song by Collin Raye?  Well I do because I used to really enjoy listening to Collin Raye - I even saw him in concert at Cripple Creek if you can believe that!!

Anyway, Glenn purchased a RED vehicle from a friend of ours - and no, it wasn't a rodeo, it was an Isuzu Amigo!  But every time I looked at it, I thought of that song!

Glenn bought it with the thought that we MAY take it to Mexico and leave it - we've tossed that idea around instead of driving every year.  He prefers to leave a car down there and fly - I prefer to drive as I enjoy the drive AND this next year we have no need to take the truck since we left the boat and the ATV down there, therefore we could take the car which rides pretty darn nice and gets better gas mileage and doesn't use diesel which is more expensive down in Mexico!

I actually did a cost comparison and it IS much cheaper to actually drive down than to fly and pay the storage for a car down there!

Glenn worked on the car - cheap labor - ha ha!!  He put a new windshield in it, did some painting on it and put a black cover on the hood and it did look pretty good!  Then he took me for a drive!  It was loud which I could handle BUT the exhaust fumes seemed to be coming right back in the vehicle and after a couple minutes I was coughing!  Also, there's NO BACK SEAT!!  How are we supposed to pick up people at the airport?  Anyway, a couple of days later Glenn asked me to take pics so he could sell it!!


It sold in 3 days - with an $1100 profit!!!!  I was impressed!  So no Amigo going to Mexico!  

3 comments:

Teri said...

great profit!!

Jill said...

Ha! Glad you did the cost comparison!

DrKeppy said...

The kids were sad you sold it! But I think you definitely made the right choice!