Wednesday, January 20, 2021

A Crazy Start To The Weekend

 It was time to get an adjustment, say goodbye to Jill's and Jessi's and celebrate two birthdays, and have a dr appt up in Denver - so to Denver I was headed on Saturday morning!

Since the car was a mess, I decided to stop in W Pk and wash it!  Yes, I knew it was only 25 degrees but I figured the sun would come out soon enough!  I started washing the car and when the sprayer hit my side mirror, it immediately folded in and locked the car - REALLY?????  And yes, my key fob was in the car along with my cell phone!  I finished washing the car and luckily there was a very nice man waiting to use my stall so I walked back to him and borrowed his cell phone - LUCKILY Glenn was in the house (because usually he isn't) and he headed in to bring the other key fob. It was darn cold standing there for 20 minutes waiting for him!!  I was SO HAPPY I hadn't waited to wash the car in Co Springs or Denver and I learned a valuable lesson - always put the key fob in my pocket!

After I got to Jessi's, we tried to recreate what happened - I walked quite a ways from my car with one key fob and she tried to lock the car with the keys inside - nope - it doesn't happen (which I knew).  You can't have your key fob in the car and try to lock it - it WILL NOT LOCK and the car just beeps at you!  So why it locked during the car wash I'll never know!

I FINALLY got to Denver and it was great to see the Keppys - we took a walk and played games and enjoyed the afternoon and evening (and I had Chunky Monkey ice cream - always a treat!!)  Evan had his hair all pushed up on top of his head so we decided to take a picture - yes, I look like a midget!


Jessi and I snuck out for coffee the next morning and had a nice walk - and then Jill and the kids arrived for the day!  We played lots of games and had a wonderful time!

Evan will turn 14 in Feb. while we are gone so we celebrated him!


And Parker will turn 10 in Feb. so he was all smiles too!


We had blueberry muffins and cupcakes for everyone!


Gary fixed a great dinner for all of us - the kids played well all day - and we took one last picture before Jill's headed out the door for home!


Monday morning I had my endocrinologist appt before I headed back home - we leave Sunday for Mexico so it's time to finish up the packing and all those last minute details!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So exciting to do those last minute jobs before the big trip. Have fun!

Jill said...

We are glad we got to see you one last time before you head to Mexico!

DrKeppy said...

As always we loved having you!!! ❤️