Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Christmas Eve

 Are you starting to think that our Christmas never ends?  You're right - we just keep on celebrating!!  We love being around our family, especially because we know we'll be heading to Mexico soon for 2 1/2 months and won't get to see them!

After picking up Evan at Kylan's on Wed. morning, we headed to Denver!  Jessi was working but did get off fairly early that day!  Kenzie was so excited to see Spyro!  And look, he's even smiling at me!


Evan helped Jessi make the homemade rolls - YUM!!


I always look forward to coffee with Jessi when I'm in Denver - we picked up our coffee and went for a walk at this neat park - I love the stepping stones behind me - in the summer you can walk across them to get to the other side but they were too icy to navigate!



Church was early afternoon  - we all dressed up!


We took our picture BEFORE the service which was a smart idea - it was really busy afterward!  The church service was lovely with many traditional hymns sung which is always my favorite part!


Glenn and Gary went out to fish awhile so Jessi joined me in getting gas in my car and trying to get our filthy car through a car wash - but the line was long so I just ended up spraying it off myself!!  You could hardly see out the windows it was so bad!

After a delicious dinner, the girls opened a gift from us - light up gloves - the story behind those gloves is they were SUPPOSED to get in by Halloween but they never made it - guess they worked for Christmas too!!  Evan got extra cracker mix which he loves!


The Keppys gave me this wonderful frame with a picture of all of us the weekend before - perfect!!


And Glenn - who at Thanksgiving announced that he should have gotten a medal since he was the first to get Covid - well, that's exactly what he got!  Great idea Jessi!!!  But he also got an underwater light too!


We played games that evening and helped sprinkle reindeer food for Santa's reindeer along with setting out cookies for Santa - and all those awesome memories of when the girls were little came back to me!

Christmas sure is a special time!

2 comments:

Teri said...

So nice you got to be with them. I sure missed being with my kids.

Jill said...

Glad you got to go to in-person worship service!