Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Super Bowl 2021

 Super Bowl Sunday never excites me because I'm not a football fan - I rarely watch it although it is fun to see some of the commercials!  Because we had brought down a new tv AND I had gotten a new laptop this last year, we figured we wouldn't have any problem watching it!

Neither one of our 2 sets of close friends are hooked up to any stations so we volunteered to have the super bowl party at our place!  Robby assured me we wouldn't have any problem streaming from the computer!  He downloaded a VPN website so we THOUGHT we were all ready!

Unfortunately, we were streaming through Amazon and it came up we were in Mexico so wasn't allowed to stream it - so Robby downloaded another VPN and we tried it out right before our company came and it worked - hooray!!

In the meantime, all of this took LOTS of time - I was behind and company came early so I was a little frazzled as didn't have my dip even made yet!  The guys wanted to watch the pre-game so I had started the computer and had it on, but when I unplugged it and took it over to the tv, there was no sound and it was just stuck!!  Once again, Robby came to the rescue!!  Seems like once you plug it all in, you have to start it over and not try and just continue it!!  A big thanks to Robby for getting it all set up for us and our company really appreciated it too!

There was PLENTY of food - I had made a hot dip served with tortilla chips and the others had brought snacks and dips too!  We made a huge batch of wings that we had gotten at Costco and served them with carrots, celery and ranch dressing!

I also made mango daiquiris which are always good!!


Like our curtains?  We had offered to bring drapes down this year but the owner said no, he wanted to keep it simple!  So we used our sheets from last year - maybe I should get a matching pair at least!!


We ended the evening with lasagna and salad - and then later with ice cream and yummy toppings!  A great day spent with friends! (and yes, football too!)

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like a fun celebration!

DrKeppy said...

Glad you still got to have a party!

Jill said...

Sounds like plenty of food! Glad everyone got to watch the game.