Thursday, April 29, 2021

Iowa Memories

 We were able to see one of Maggie's soccer games while we were in Iowa - that was wonderful because we have never had the opportunity to see any of Maggie's or Chance's games!  It was pretty darn cold so we dressed warmly and borrowed a blanket from Leonard before we headed out!


Even though they didn't win their game, it was fun to watch her play and she even made a goal!  Afterwards, (despite being cold!!) we headed to Dairy Queen for ice cream! with the family!

Jim and Brenda had invited us to eat Mexican with them on Tuesday evening so the 4 of us along with Leonard headed to Ute to eat!  It was great to walk in with no masks!  I'm always amazed at the price of things in Iowa!  Between the 5 of us we ordered 8 margaritas (the strawberry ones were excellent), 2 appetizers and 5 meals and the bill was $83.00!!!!!  Granted it was Mexican night so the margaritas were 1/2 price but still!!!

We headed home on Wednesday - the drive sure didn't get any shorter!!  Jaime took us to Runza for lunch as Glenn and I to our knowledge had never had one - it was good but next time we won't order the cheese on it!  Since this post seems to be all about food, I must mention the truck stop on the way home - I knew Glenn and I had stopped at it on the way home once!  We decided to go ahead and get gas first before we stopped at Scooters for coffee!  But there was a Cinnabon inside the truck stop and I decided a cinnamon roll sounded better than special coffee!  Jaime and I had just ordered the small ones when we saw this:


It's the CENTER of the cinnamon roll (my favorite part) and then more butter and caramel is added while it's being heated!!  I knew I would need just regular coffee with that so both Glenn and I got coffee and 3 centers and we sat in the car and enjoyed it - oh my gosh - it was excellent!

Since Jaime's car was in Denver, we once again did that route and stopped there for adjustments and dinner that Jessi had in the crockpot!          And once again, it felt great to be home!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Looks like some great food!

Jill said...

Glad your trip home was good!