Tuesday, April 20, 2021

March Photo Dump

 Since we're past the midway mark of April, these photos seem kind of old!!

The morning after my dog bite episode, my friend from up the street brought this baby turtle over for me to see - there were 3 of them on the beach, trying to get to the water and they were so cute!


I forgot how much "fresh" garlic we go through in Mexico as we do fresh garlic sauteed in butter over most of the fish we cook!!  Chopping it up isn't so bad, but trying to get that darn skin off takes me way too long!  So I did the next best thing - got on Amazon and found the BEST garlic chopper and had it shipped to Joleen so she could bring it down!!  Do I love it????  OMG - it's amazing!!  I love the chopper itself (although cleaning it is a pain, but it's still worth it!) but the green sleeve in the picture is the absolute best!!  You just put the garlic glove in it, and rub it back and forth on the counter pretty forceful and out comes a clean garlic - just like magic!!  No more complaining about doing garlic!


I wanted to post a picture of the famous "potato night" potatoes!  The ones that I get 3 meals out of!!  I already miss them although they certainly would be easy to duplicate!  


This was taken from Mark and BJ's house behind us, up on their roof!  It was very windy that day as you can tell by the trees blowing but it's a nice picture of the curve of the bay and Los Barriles and Buenos Aires in the distance!


I just thought this was really cool!!  It's hanging in our friends' house and it was Del's mom who had it done from a collection of very old buttons!  The buttons are all SEWED on - imagine doing that!


We usually eat breakfast on the front porch - this day Glenn was out fishing and I just decided to take a picture of the way I start my day after my morning walk!


And one final picture of the pink sky at sunset, taken from the hot tub!  



2 comments:

Teri said...

Love the turtle! So cute. And the food looks delish!

Jill said...

Always such great pictures!