Sunday, April 18, 2021

Peace

 This morning I felt complete peace - in my own back yard, or should I say on my wonderful front porch!  It's been an exhausting and emotional 2 weeks (and I will back up and blog about it all).  And since we've returned from Iowa, the weather has not been cooperative - it's been snowy and gray and cold, not typical Colorado weather with all the gray skies!

But this morning promised cold but sunny skies and I decided no matter what the temperature was, I was going to make "special coffee" and sit on the front porch!


And that's exactly what I did!  It was a balmy 30 degrees out but the sun was shining and that's all that mattered!  Coffee on the porch was just what I needed!  I sat and stared at that mountain for a long time, just basking in the sunshine and reflecting on life.

The snow was melting off the roof, the deer walked by and life just seemed pretty darn amazing this morning!  I'm happy to be back in my beautiful mountain home - missing Baja friends, but knowing that I have a completely different and unique set of friends here in Colorado - and routine life is just around the corner.

Here's to peace in the mountains!


1 comment:

Teri said...

You definitely need some peace - take care!