Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Girls' Weekend

 What better time to get together with the girls than when Glenn is ice fishing!!  Unfortunately Jaime had to work (her and Jessi are on opposite working weekends now) but Jaime did get to join us one evening after work!

The weather sounded fine - just a 40% chance of snow starting late afternoon - yea, that didn't happen!  It started snowing lightly and got windy about 11:00am on Friday.  And it kept up!  The snow was barely covering the ground by afternoon but the forecast at that point didn't look great - a much higher percentage of snowfall throughout the rest of the evening.

Jill drove down to Jessi's place in Denver and they headed out together - I25 was already backed up so they took the back way to Co Springs - and didn't realize till later that they were right in the midst of the storm the entire way!  They had bad icy roads to drive on and the normal 2 hour drive to our place turned into a 4 hour drive!  I was SO GLAD when they finally arrived as I was worried the entire time!

They were both exhausted and after unloading the car, I fed them soup and fruit and we sure didn't stay up too long that evening!

Saturday was a bright and sunny day - we only got a couple of inches of snow on the ground so the roads weren't bad and we headed over to The Wild Horse cafe (only a couple miles from our house) and enjoyed coffee and hot chocolate in front of the fireplace!  I LOVE that this place is so close and has such great coffee!



Check out the 2 coffees and the hot chocolate - wow were they good!



And what did we spend the day doing?  READING!!  We had a few little projects to do that didn't take long at all but the bulk of the day was spent reading!  I always have plenty of time to read but the girls are so busy with work and kids that they don't always get that chance!  We loved just hanging out!

I fixed beef stroganoff for dinner (Jill brought her own gluten free noodles) and it turned out great even though I had to rearrange the 2 cans of soup I use to be gluten free soups - tasted the same!  And a little later, Jaime showed up after work!  She ate her dinner while we all talked non-stop and then we made chocolate fondue!


It tasted SO GOOD!  And was so fun to be all together!

After breakfast on Sunday we got in the hot tub and relaxed a while - and then it was back to reading until the girls had to pack up and head back out!  At least the roads were all clear by then and they had a fast trip back to Denver!

How special to get together with my daughters!!  We definitely should do it more often!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun time! I know I love spending time with my daughters. Em and I had a day trip to Traverse City for wine tasting - it was a special day. And I am going to Amanda's for her birthday!

Sherry said...

Looks like a fun time.

Jill said...

Wish we could do that more often! It was such a great time; thanks for spoiling us!