Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Headed North

 Is my life so boring that I have had nothing to write about the past 2 weeks?  Hardly!  It's just not very exciting things to write - volunteer time at the Food Pantry, coffee with Jaime, a couple of PT appts on my foot, a blood draw, choir girls get together, coffee with Glenn at the Wild Horse, a massage, a windshield replaced on the car AND all the Christmas decorations put up!  So yes, it's been BUSY!

But now it's time to head to Ft. Collins and then back to Denver!  We left early enough so we could stop at Costco for a couple of items - yea, that didn't pan out too well as they had neither of the items I went for!  But as we all know, you can't just walk out of Costco empty handed!  It was a nice trip up to Jill and Robby's house and fun to see all of them!

We had an early dinner as Aleah was headed out with a friend to a comedy show that night!


And Parker needed to scoop the back cement as they'd had about 3" of snow (it basically missed us!)


Jill and I took Aleah to her friends house and then shopped for just a little bit!  I got a couple more presents to add to the pile at home!

It was COLD out that night!  So cold that it was the first time Glenn and I got cold enough in the lower level that I had to add a couple of blankets on the bed!  Yes, there's a standing heater down there but I didn't think to turn it on!

When Aleah got home mid-morning, her and I went out to Ziggy's so I could grab coffee and she got a frappe - always a fun time taking your granddaughter along!  We played a few games of cards before it was time to grab lunch and head to Parker's basketball game!


It was an exciting game with the score going back and forth - Parker's team got way ahead for a while and SHOULD have won but the other team started making baskets and soon it went into overtime.  Unfortunately they didn't win but it was still a great game and Parker played well and even made a basket!  

Jill playing around with her camera!!  I actually love those hats!


And all too soon, it was time to head down to Denver - our time was short there but we had fun and that's all that matters!



3 comments:

Teri said...

I wondered what you had been doing?!? Sounds like a normal beginning of the month. How nice to spend some time with Jill's family.

DrKeppy said...

You are always busy but yes maybe not as exciting to blog about! Good thing you weren't doing NoBloPoMo - ha! Glad you had a great time with the Savages

Jill said...

Such a fun couple days with you guys!