Monday, November 28, 2022

Southlands Parade

 Is it already time for the Southlands parade?  IT IS!  So we headed to Denver from Ft. Collins  mid-afternoon on Saturday and after a great dinner, donned our long johns, hats and gloves (and hand warmers) and headed to the parade in 2 cars!

Yes, it was cold outside but it was bearable!


It always seems to take FOREVER for the parade to start - especially when you're standing at the very end of the line!!  But we were right next to the rope and had a a great view!  This was my favorite vehicle with the cute sleigh on the top and figurines in the windows!


The dancing trees were cute as can be!!


Evan played in the band and they sounded fantastic!  I didn't get a picture as he was on the other side from us but it was sure fun to see him playing!

Gwyn had fun racing up and down this parking area to keep warm!


Here's the 5 of us!  Kenzie was there but was off with friends!


After the parade, Jessi and I waited to pick up Evan, which wasn't a long time!  They had instruments to pack away on the bus and soon we picked him up and headed home for chunky monkey ice cream - YES!!

Kenzie had a lock-in in Parker with volleyball teams so Evan and Jessi took her there at 10:00!  I was ready for bed!  She had a great time and was brought back to the house around 6:30am by a friends' mom and of course she headed to bed for the day!

The rest of us went to church and a little later the 4 adults headed to The Perfect Landing, a restaurant at the Centennial airport to celebrate Jessi and Gary's anniversary - (late of course but we don't care!).  We had a table right by the window and it was so cool to look out at all of the private planes and see the people get out of them.  Most of the planes were quite small!  We even saw a plane that brought in a patient that the ambulance picked up!  Quite interesting!

Anyway, the meal was delicious!  I had shrimp quesadillas and they were excellent!  And of course I brought 1/2 home so got to enjoy them the next day too! 


Jessi, Gwyn and I took a walk in the afternoon - Gary went fishing for a while - Glenn watched football!  We enjoyed just hanging out and playing rummikub that evening with Evan.  

Do I look like I'm shrinking or what?

Monday morning came all too soon!  I walked with Jessi to take Gwyn to school - yes it was COLD!  She took Evan to school as Kenzie was not feeling well at all with her cough, and Glenn and I headed out when she went to work!  

I had my endocronologist appt. and it went well!  All was fine with my ultrasound and medication will stay the same!  Best news was I don't have to go back for a year!


3 comments:

Teri said...

Great news from the doctor. What a fun parade. And yes it does look like you are shrinking! Can't wait to see what I look like next to the grandkids - just a few more days!!

DrKeppy said...

Yes you are definitely shrinking - ha! So glad you guys got to come freeze with us at the parade!! And yay for good doctors appts!

Jill said...

Glad the parade was fun and not to cold! Always a good time with the Keppy's!