Monday, November 7, 2022

November Has Arrived

 And with it, the wind!  Oh my gosh - the wind has been crazy this last week - it blows and blows and of course with the colder weather, it feels a lot like winter is arriving!

Glenn has been gone for an entire week - yup, even though he took a week off to go hunting in Walden, he decided he wanted to go to Iowa for a week of pheasant hunting and fishing!  After figuring out the cost of gas (and wear and tear on one's body!!) and comparing it to a flight, the flight won out!  Neal could pick him up at the airport and drop him back off so away he flew.  He had never flown with a gun in tow but he said the process was easy!  He's on his way back home as I write and I know he had a good time but of course missed home - probably me!  HA!

I enjoyed the "alone" time but do miss him putting wood in the wood stove!  It's the little things you don't think about when hubby is gone!

I had 2 projects that were on the list to get done last week and I did succeed in getting them done - now I won't know what to do with all my spare time!  My 2 projects were finishing up the grand kids snapfish books that I give them for Christmas AND finishing up the calendars that I do for the kids!  It may not sound like a lot but I spend hours and hours and hours gathering pictures and arranging and downloading and editing - it's a lot but I sure enjoy doing it and I know they all appreciate it come Christmas!

Friday night our neighbors invited me to go in with them to Grandmother's Kitchen - a local restaurant in town that is under new ownership (friends of the neighbors).  The restaurant was having a "soft open" for their newly added dinner menu and wanted some feedback!  Their specialtiy is burgers and gosh they were delicious!  Made from 3 different kinds of cut meat - all fresh, never frozen!  And the fries were hand cut and excellent too!  I enjoyed the evening along with a piece of pumpkin pie!  Glenn and I will definitely have to go soon so he can try it!

Saturday night I had Jaime and Kylan over for dinner and games!  Brad is off hunting in Missouri!


Jaime brought a Boston Cream Cake for dessert!  We played game and some cards and enjoyed the evening!


Last evening I could tell there was going to be an awesome sunset!!  Because we get some great sunrises over Pikes Peak, it's pretty rare that sunsets (which are on the back side of the house) look good over the peak - but last night was an exception!  It looked like the peak was all pink!


It's apple cider time!  But not just any apple cider - hot apple cider with a shot of butterscotch schnapps along with whip cream and caramel drizzle!  Yum!



3 comments:

Teri said...

That drink looks great - will have to see if I have all the ingredients :)

Jill said...

Looks like a fun time with Jaime and Ky!

DrKeppy said...

What a great start to November!