Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Those Lovely Doctor Appts.

 It must be that time again - all those wonderful dr. appts that come up once or twice a year!  Mammogram is done - an x-ray on my back and leg done (with an MRI scheduled in Dec. since the x-ray showed nothing) - dermatologist is the first week of December.   And last week was my endocrinologist appointment up in Denver!  

My endo appt went just fine with no issues and no reason to come again until a year - hooray!  After that I headed to Jessi's and we packed a quick lunch and went to coffee!  Always a great time!  We decided to do a little bit of shopping before we went back home - we stopped at Kohl's since I had $15 in Kohl's cash to spend - didn't find what I was looking for BUT I always need new underwear so that's what I got!  Unfortunately, when I went to pay, they couldn't find my Kohls cash anywhere - weird!  And for the strangest reason, the email that showed my cash, had just disappeared from my email account!  It wasn't saved or in trash or anywhere.............Hmmmmmm............  No problem, the cashier gave me a discount anyway which was very nice!

We headed to another store and by this time, I was feeling really shaky!!  Sometimes coffee does that to me but it really hadn't had much time to even get in my system!  And then Jessi reminded me about my medication!!  I take my thyroid medicine every day as soon as I get up as you're supposed to wait an hour before you eat - I took it (or thought I did) and when I got out of the shower, there is my pill lying on the counter!  Without even stopping to think, I took it - and then realized I must have dumped two out as I KNOW I had taken the original one!  So I had 2 in my system and Jessi told me that's probably why I had the shakes - NOT a good feeling and sure took a long time to get it out of my system - I won't make that mistake again!!

Anyway, we shopped a little more and then headed back to her place to pick up Gwyn at school!  After a nice dinner, we played my new game and everyone enjoyed it!  Evan did really well and won!


Here's the rest of us with our scoresheets - Gary played also but took the picture!


And since I didn't get a picture of Kenzie, here's one Jessi sent me for her volleyball banquet and awards!

I slept in Gwyn's bunk beds on the lower part and she slept on the top - her room was rearranged and I really liked the new look of it and slept great!

After walking Gwyn to school the next morning, I headed back to W. Pk for groceries and a massage!  All in all, a great trip to Denver !

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Nice to be done with doctors!! Loved the snow pics.

Jill said...

That's a lot of appointments! At least you get to see the Keppy's out of it!