Saturday, November 4, 2023

Back to Reality


Since we were getting back in from our trip late afternoon, we had decided to spend the night at Jessi's place so we wouldn't have to drive in the dark!  And the best news was that it was the LAST home football game that night and Evan would be doing his 1/2 time show plus playing in the pep band AND Gwyn would be cheering with a pom pom dance out on the field during 1/2 time also!

Quick change of clothes - a quick dinner - borrowing hats and gloves and coats from their house as we didn't have winter gear - and then off to the game!

Was it cold????  OH MY GOSH!!!  It was quite breezy and I really thought I was going to freeze before the night was over, even though I was covered up with a blanket - BRRRRRRRRRR!

Here's Evan and good friend Rose in the pep band!


And here's us FREEZING in the stands!!  Man, I couldn't believe how cold it was!


My camera didn't venture out of my pocket and unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Gwyn in her cute cheerleading shirt with her pom poms!  But she did a great job out on the field and was sure glad to put her coat back on when she got back in the stands!

Evan's 1/2 show was wonderful - what a great marching band performance!   And this is him with his girlfriend Hannah!  I can't believe they're not shivering!!!

We did leave after the 3rd quarter and I was SO GLAD!  The car felt wonderful as we all unthawed and then it was back to the house!

Glenn and I were up early and headed out as the Keppys were leaving for South Dakota that morning and I sure know what it's like to get the car packed!!  It was a quick trip home to our place and gosh it felt good to be back home!

3 comments:

Teri said...

What a great end to your vacation!!

DrKeppy said...

So glad you guys made it for the game! Yes it was cold!!!

Jill said...

How fun you got to see Evan and Gwyn perform! To bad it was so cold!