Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Lazy Days of Baja

 I'm still in awe of the weather this year!  Most years, it's wind, wind, wind!  And this year is completely different with gorgeous days and then a couple of days of wind and then back to the fantastic weather!  It's something we have hardly experienced down here and we're thrilled!  

Saturday morning Leonard felt up to going out for breakfast!  We ate at the little Mexican place in town - always a great spot!  Ran a couple of errands and then it was back to bed for Leonard and a relaxing day for the rest of us!


The next door neighbor John was having a weiner beach roast that evening as he was leaving in a few days!  About 16 of us sat in chairs out on the beach with a great campfire!  Lots of food to eat and it was a nice time.  We all watched the moon rise over the ocean which is always hard to capture in pictures but it was amazing!


The downside of sitting by a campfire is that your clothes absolutely REEK when you get back home - (we had so far to walk you know, living next door!)   I finally ended up washing my hair in the sink as I just couldn't stand the smell - all the clothes went out on the clothes line!

It was fun to see the moon the next morning when we walked!  I waited to snap this picture as it was right over the monument!


And a day later, a spectacular sunrise once again!  I guess most of my blogs will be pictures of the sunrises!
 



When the sun was getting ready to rise, it makes this weird shape sometimes in the horizon!  To me it's a giant curtain just getting ready to open to let the sun out!


Patty and I walked over to Hillary's one day with our coffee to visit with her while Glenn and Eric were out fishing!   And we did swim in the ocean a few days with the exercise gals!  We sure enjoyed reading our books on the front porch and enjoying coffee together - I even made special coffee a couple of times for Patty!


2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Sounds like the perfect time! Love all the pretty sunrises!

Jill said...

I never get tired of your beach pictures!