Monday, November 17, 2008

The Flying Frosting

Jaime, Rayna, and Kylan came down for a night's stay this last weekend - she always brings yummy stuff to eat and this time she brought those oh so wonderful cinnamon rolls in a can - not the kind that go in a round pan all together - these were individual ones that you put on a cookie sheet and bake and then frost.

By 10:00 am on Sat. morning I was ready for the rolls - so I get the can out of the refrigerator and set in on the island, and started unpeeling the paper!! That's when it happened - the loud gunshot sound, something flying out of the can, and the recoil of the can hitting my stomach - OH, I yelled as that thing plowed into my stomach - I seriously thought for a moment that I had been shot!! Of course as soon as that thought popped into my mind, I immediately realized what had happened and knew it was JUST the can that had hit me - JUST THE CAN - but it hit me hard enough to leave a huge red spot on my stomach and it hurt for a long time!

Jaime came flying up from the basement as soon as she heard the explosion of the can and me moaning - I told her what had happened (as if she couldn't tell by now since there are biscuits lying all over the granite every which way) and said something went flying so we started looking. Sure enough, the frosting had flown! The lid was under the dining room table - and the frosting had landed on the padded bar stool - of course - frosting side down! But luckily the frosting was hard enough it didn't all fall out!

We laughed and laughed about my encounter with the cinnamon rolls. I usually don't have this type of problem but I guess since she had come from Denver up to the higher altitude, the poor rolls just couldn't handle the elevation!

By the way, the cinnamon rolls were excellent!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Hope you were able to find all the rolls - where-ever they landed!

DrKeppy said...

Ha ha! Gosh I didn't even hear that story until now! Mmm cinnamon rolls...