Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grandkids - It's What Keeps Us Young

I had a goal this last weekend: to get a NICE picture of all 5 grandkids to use on our Christmas cards - now really, who was I kidding????

Before Aleah was born, it was exceedingly difficult to get a good picture of the 4 of them - add one more (and a BABY at that!) and I think it's nearly impossible!! Because Rayna had to hold Aleah, there was no one to hold Mackenzie!!! And there was no way she was going to sit still on that step!

Below are the 2 BEST pictures of the bunch - can you imagine what the others look like?? Kylan and Evan just crack me up - in the first picture, Kylan LOOKS like the perfect poster Sunday School kid!!! And I'm not sure WHERE Evan is looking........... Evan's expression on the 2nd picture is hilarious!! SO needless to say, there won't be any pictures on our cards of the grandkids!




A funny story that happened at Brad's graduation - it was VERY difficult to try and keep the 4 kids QUIET and entertained during graduation. When one of the speakers got up to speak and stepped to the microphone, she said "Hello Everyone" and Evan (who happened to be listening at that point) waves his hand and yells out "Hi" to her!
A little later Evan was not being very quiet so I grabbed one of the books out of the diaper bag and started slowly turning the pages of the book - Evan would look at me, then down at the book, then back at me and finally he yells out, "TALK" "TALK"!! Jessi and I got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing, especially when Kylan leans over from his mom's lap to grab the book and toots!! Then Jaime joined us in our silent laughter - oh my, what a night..................

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

LOL - tooooooooo funny (and so cute)!

Patty Jensen said...

I am commenting on all the blogs - the pics of the grandkids - ha - now you know what I have been going through these past years :) and the ones of Aleah - oh soooo cute and her dress - that was precious and the family - so nice - so proud of Brad too - wow - what a weekend!!! Glad you got to go!!

DrKeppy said...

I am giggling after reading that again! :) Maybe in 5 years you can get a good picture of all your grandkids....lol!

Teri said...

Just got caught up - what a great weekend - what more could you ask for. Glad it all went well - well, except for the picture taking:)