Monday, August 1, 2011

Iowa Company!

Did last week go fast or what????

Wednesday morning I got a phone call from Glenn's mom, Lolly, that she was headed out for the weekend if we were going to be home - ABSOLUTELY - we LOVE to have company!! Since I had kind of neglected my house the past few weeks, Glenn and I spent the next couple of nights doing a bit (actually MORE than a bit!!) of cleaning!! And making up some goodies for some meals so I didn't have to spend the entire time in the kitchen when she arrived!! We were excited to hear the next day that Glenn's sister, Geri was also coming!

Lolly and Geri arrived at my office on Friday, right before close - they had that timed perfectly!! Since neither one had been to our new place, they followed me and before long we were munching on yummy dip and vegetables with beer bread, and peach fizzies!!

We had a great weekend together! Our days were spent visiting, taking drives, showing them Glenn's workplace and showroom, seeing a huge herd of elk one evening, touring a mini castle right in the middle of Woodland Park, looking through my books of scrap booking and Sunday night, eating at the Wines of Colorado.

The REST of the time we played cards and games - now that is RIGHT down my alley as I can NEVER get enough time playing games and cards!! Lolly and Geri play cards a LOT in Iowa and Geri even plays in a lot of tournaments!! They're both good - but Glenn and I did OK too!!

Geri realloy enjoyed our Mexican Train Dominos and we ended up playing 2 complete games of that - staying up till close to midnight one night!! It was great!!

It was back to work for Glenn and I today but they're staying another couple of days and I'll be anxious to hear what they decided to do today! Below are a couple of pictures I took at the Wines of Colorado - a beautiful night to sit beside the creek!



I'll be anxiously awaiting to see which card game we're going to play tonight!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

Surprise company? That's awesome!!

Teri said...

So nice! And I wish I could sit outside and eat - we are in the 90s again today!

DrKeppy said...

I still wish I would've come down! Oh well...! Glad you had a great time!