Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Visit From The Bear

I probably should just go ahead and name this bear since this is his 3rd time to visit!! SO if you have any good suggestions, let me know!!

Glenn yelled at me to get my camera ready as he was heading up the driveway so I grabbed it and started shooting pictures through the window - so they're not great pics at all - especially since it had been raining and was pretty wet and dreary out!!

Here he is coming up the driveway!

This is on the side hill right before you get to our garage.


He once again climbed over our deck railing so I hid beside the couch and then popped up to take this pic - we eventually opened the door because we didn't want him to break the bird feeder and of course that scared him and he raced around the deck again!!



Glenn snapped this one just as he landed from jumping over the gate!



You can just about tell when the bear is in the area because the neighboring dogs go absolutely crazy!! And we do take our bird feeder down at night - we just hadn't taken it down yet because it wasn't nightfall! We're also very careful not to leave any type of food in our cars as there have been instances where a bear will tear a car door off to get inside!!


Luckily the bear is scared of people so runs for his life if he sees one - and that's a GOOD thing!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

You should definitely name the bear - I'm thinking Yogi or Teddy or what we'd do in our house - Bear.

Teri said...

I am glad you are taking precautions! That is a little scary having one so close. Hmmm - a good bear name - how about "Go Away!"

DrKeppy said...

Wow - those are some great pictures! But now I can't believe you havent named him yet - you are the QUEEN of corny animal names...!! :) I'll patiently await.....