Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Construction in Ft. Collins

Jill and Robby are finishing out their basement to make a guest bedroom, storage and just some much needed extra room!! So when Glenn needed a website built, Robby did it in exchange for Glenn working a weekend on their basement - what a great trade!!

We headed north after work on Friday and stopped in Denver first to get adjustments from Jessi and then on to Ft. Collins! The kids of course were already in bed by the time we got up there so we had some adult time and checked out the framing in their basement!!

Glenn was up bright and early to start in - I decided to take advantage of the kids sleeping in and slept in myself!!

Parker and Aleah get bigger every time I see them!! I just HAD to post this picture of Parker because the expression on his face is hilarious!!

Jill and I ran out to pick up Aleah's pictures and also made a stop at her consignment store - it's a lot like my niece Cheri's store in that it carries only the nicer, name brand labels! I not only found 3 tops but a really cute sundress for our next trip!!


While the guys worked hard on the wiring, Jill and I prepared a couple of dishes for that evening's block party BBQ which was held right outside their house in the cul-de-sac! One of the neighbors had rented a bounce house for the kids - Aleah LOVED it!!! But I could only stand watching those kids go up and down and up and down for a little while before the dizziness overtook me!!


They have some great neighbors and we enjoyed watching the kids play and eating lots of great food!!



After getting the kids to bed that night, Jill and I decided to watch a movie and once again, we picked one that was NOT worth watching - to spare you the trouble of renting it, I'll tell you the title - How Do You Know!!


Aleah is now in a toddler bed - a hand me down from Kylan!! She is SO proud of that bed and just loves to sit on it and play!! Jill and I rearranged her room a little bit and re-hung some things on the wall.

It was a great weekend and Robby and Glenn did get the wiring done!! One step closer now on that basement!!


I'll leave you with a cute picture of Parker - the spittin' image of his dad!!!


Thanks Robby and Jill for a fun weekend!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun - and what a great trade. Bet they will love having the basement done.

ahh bear said...

They are getting so big & so cute! AND YES! How Do You Know? TERRIBLE!!!

DrKeppy said...

Oh they are so cute! I didn't know they moved Aleah to a big girl bed!! How exciting!