Friday, October 21, 2011

Belize -Another Day In Paradise

Even though I'm blogging in Belize, I can't post my blogs - strange, huh??? I've tried everything but they just won't post so a big thank you to Jessi for posting them for me - I really appreciate it!!
So Thursday was another fishing day - but this time Joleen went out with the guys! She loves to fish and looks forward to it every time her and Martin come to Belize!! Now me - NO WAY - I was looking forward to a morning on the deck with a book in hand and some time to catch up on blogging and posting pictures!!
The 3 of them set out early in the morning and I enjoyed having my coffee on the balcony and finishing the current book I was reading - of course it was a tear jerker so here I am on vacation, crying my eyes out over a book!!! I loved just reading the morning away and spending some time on the computer!!
Before long they were back with lots more fish - since they weren't deep sea fishing, the fish were much smaller but all 3 of them had a great time and we put more fish in the freezer!!
After lunch, Joleen and I decided to head back down to Ramon's to try the snorkeling again - we walked out to the end of the dock and climbed down the ladder to the water and saw hundreds of fish!! The sun was shining so the fish looked brilliant with their colors of blue, purple, yellow and the beautiful striped ones too - I'm so glad we went back!!
We also did some grocery shopping and had a feast that night with fantastic grilled fish and chicken!! It was getting pretty dark out by the time I snapped this picture but I wanted to get a shot of the guys grilling! Although I think Martin is doing most of the work..............I made foil potatoes and carrots and everything tasted WONDERFUL - especially with the type of briquettes that is used here in Belize - bamboo!! It takes a while for them to get hot but the flavor is fantastic!!
Here we are enjoying our meal!!
After dinner we headed downtown on the golf cart to a bar that features the chicken drop - yes, that's right - it's called the chicken drop!!
Doesn't Joleen look cute on their swing?
So here's how the chicken drop works- when you get to the bar, you buy tickets - I think they're about $1.00 per ticket and each ticket you get has a number on it - Glenn and I bought 5 tickets!! Then at an appointed time, you go outside on the beach and there's this fenced in area with square blocks that each have a number of them. A chicken or rooster is brought out and someone in the crowd holds the chicken and then places the chicken in the ring. The picture below shows a gal holding the chicken right before she places it in the ring.
And then the fun begins - the chicken usually walks around a little bit and whatever spot the chicken poops on, well the number underneath it wins $100!! It was hilarious!! And darn it, the chicken did NOT poop on any of our numbers!!!
Anyway, it was a fun time and something we'll probably never experience again but I think somebody should do it in the US - I can see the bar in Soldier doing something like this when they have their motorcycle rallies!!! As I said, a good time was had by all!!
And the day ended again............and our time is getting shorter............To Be Cont'd........

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

That game looks hilarious -and fun! Too bad you didn't win!! Good time!

Patty Jensen said...

We have done that around here but we use a cow!!! Know they have done it in Moorhead and other places :) Oh the fish looked so good and so glad you got to see more fish when you snorkled. What a vacation!!!