Monday, October 3, 2011

Rayna's Excellent Adventure - Part #2

I didn't want to get out of bed on Sunday morning because I slept SO GOOD!!! One of those lazy mornings............

But the laundry was waiting to get started and I knew we had a full day ahead with Rayna!! Next on our adventure list was another craft - but one I can't tell you about because it's a Christmas surprise for certain people!! All I can say is that Rayna enjoyed it and the project turned out rather cute!!

An early lunch was in order before we headed into town and I caught this cute pic of Glenn and Rayna brushing their teeth, looking out at the aspens...........

We headed down the pass to Cave of the Winds - Rayna had been wanting to go here the last couple of years so today was the day!!


I was SO disappointed when we walked in the door and saw that "The Discovery Tour" was NOT operating that day - so the only other choice that I considered was "The Eco Tour" - each person carries a flashlight as the tour is done in the dark. I talked to Rayna and she thought it would be fine so that's what we did!! And I'm SO glad we took that tour because it was great!! Walking through that dark cave with your little flashlight was pretty neat and of course you could shine it around and look at what YOU wanted to!!






After the customary t-shirt buying and rock buying, we headed down to the Citadel Mall for Rayna's LAST surprise!! As we walked out of Penney's, there was a little merry go round that had animals you sit in - I looked at Rayna and told her THAT was the surprise - she said "Really???" and I said yes, was that OK - she kind of looked funny but of course was polite and said, "Yea, I guess...........". I started laughing and told her of course that wasn't it, look to the side and there it was - "Miniature Glo Golf". It was a really cute place where they had 2 sets of 18 hole miniature golf - everything was kind of dark with glo light stuff all over the place!!


They had these machines all over the courses where you could stick your golf balls in and hit a button and they would "GLOW" really bright!! We all had a blast playing golf - didn't keep score but we were probably all pretty equal!!



After golf, Rayna decided she wanted to play the "reflex" game!! You stood in this cubicle type place with mitts on and there were 3 different poles - once the game started, a light would light up and you had to punch it with your mitt or stomp with your foot if the light was on the ground - she was running around like crazy but did fantastic!!! AND got her name in the Top 10!!


After all of this, we were starving - so it was off to the pretzel place for hot pretzels - butter and salt for Rayna, sugar and cinnamon for Glenn and I!!


And then Rayna's Excellent Adventure was over - it had come to an end and it was time to meet her dad and head back to Denver!!


Thanks Rayna for spending the weekend with us - I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed having you - and we'll look forward to NEXT year for our weekend together!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Wow - can I come down and go on an adventure with you?! Sounds like SO much fun! I bet she loved every single minute of it!!! I love all the pictures - she looks so grown up!

Teri said...

What a great weekend. Such special time with a grandchild.