Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mountain Aspen

It's pretty strange not driving to Farmers every weekday morning - but instead going to work with Glenn and helping him out! I spent the first week and 1/2 DEEP cleaning the showroom and the upstairs office which is where I hang out!! Here is the upstairs kitchen (and the door marked private leads into the "girls" bathroom!) We're still hoping to get a full size refrigerator to replace the small one!

The big desk from downstairs was moved to the upstairs - there is lots of light that comes in from those big windows and the view from the desk? None other than a perfect view of Pikes Peak, with no other buildings in the way!!

I have added a couple of nice plants to the office but have yet to decorate the walls. Several items have been ordered but have not yet arrived with a couple more to pick up downtown! When the sun is shining, it's nice and warm upstairs - when it's snowing though, it's a little cold upstairs, especially on the floor so I just heat up my "hot sox" pink slippers and put them on till my feet get warm!

Here are some pictures of the showroom - again, it's not decorated yet on the walls but will be soon!! Also Glenn has ordered an "island" which he'll top with granite to use as a workplace when clients come in.

The door in this next picture leads into the fabrication department - a huge room that I will NEVER clean!! The sad part is that no matter how many times we mop, the floor always has "granite" dust tracks on it, which are tracked in from the fabrication room - but there's nothing we can do about it so I'll just have to live with the fact that the floor will not always be clean!

You can see the steps that go up in this picture - then there's a landing and another set of steps that go to the upper office - 24 steps - trust me I have counted them many, many times as I run up and down them!! No worries about extra exercising this year!!! I make it a point to RUN up them everytime as long as my hands aren't full!!
I'll post some more pictures AFTER the walls are decorated and our island is in!! But for now, at least you can picture where the Raymonds' go to work each day!

3 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

Oh Becky it all looks sooooo nice - wow - I love where your desk is and that you can see the Peak - how neat is that!!! You have made it look wonderful!!!

Teri said...

You did a great job. Now I can picture where you are every day. Enjoy the view!

DrKeppy said...

It looks beautiful! I am so impressed! I cannot wait to see it in person!!