Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blue Skies Inn

I LOVE it when Glenn does barter work and gets FREE stays at hotels or B & B's - such was the case for the Blue Skies Inn, a B & B in Manitou Springs!! I had toured this particular place years ago when my friend Carrie and I did a B & B Holiday Tour in Manitou and Colorado Springs. This place really was nice and I told myself that SOMEDAY I would stay there!!
So when Glenn came home with 2 free nights at this place, I was excited!! We invited good friends Dick and Jane to join us Friday night and headed down after work to check in! I believe the place has about 10 different rooms to stay in and they are housed in 3 different buildings!
Glenn and I chose the "Deep Blue Room" to stay in, although I dubbed it "Under The Sea".
There were actually 3 rooms - a small entry way with a microwave, fridge and coffee pot along with a table and chairs, the huge bedroom which also had a day bed that you could use as a couch and a huge bathroom!! All the decor was done in fish, seashells, mermaids, starfish - anything you can imagine that had to do with the ocean!! I LOVED it!!
The owners are wonderful people and Sally is the one who decorated all of the rooms and is especially proficient in tile!! WOW - the bathroom was out of this world!!
The sink was hand painted and I just had to take a picture of it and the pedestal!!

I think 6 or 8 people could have fit in the shower too!!
Dick and Jane were put in the "Indian Rock Art" room which was just as cute as ours - all done up in Indian decor!!
After checking out our rooms, we headed for Paravincinni's for an Italian dinner - I've eaten there several times but Glenn hadn't and as usual, it didn't disappoint!!! Their Moscato wine was excellent!!
We headed back to our respective rooms after dinner to enjoy the fireplace set in the corner of our room and a little bit of TV!
The next morning at 8:30, their was a tap tap on our door which was our signal to pick up breakfast outside our door!! I was expecting coffee and muffins but the basket seemed pretty heavy for just that!!
We grabbed ours and headed over to Dick and Jane's room where they had set up the coffee table for us to eat at and we unpacked our basket - yes there was wonderful muffins and coffee but also a bowl of fresh fruit, a large egg souffle and orange juice!! We stuffed ourselves and still couldn't eat all of it!
What a great time - I'm hoping Glenn gets some more of these "freebies" so we can enjoy another night away!!

4 comments:

Teri said...

What fun and such cute rooms. I love the idea of breakfast in a basket that you can eat in your room.

DrKeppy said...

WOW that is a need room!! How fun to spend it with friends!!

ahh bear said...

Ooooh - how fun! I've never stayed in a theme room but I can imagine it's very neat!

Patty Jensen said...

Oh I loved the rooms, the breakfast and esp. that sink - how cute! And to think you got to enjoy it all for free :)