Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Don't Tell Evan...............

This last weekend when Jessi and the kids were down, Evan really wanted to go play on our steep driveway and roll his cars and trucks down but he wouldn't go by himself!!  I finally got it out of him that he was scared of bears!!  Of course I told him first of all that we hadn't seen a bear yet this year AND even if we had, they would be scared of him and run away!!

Yesterday morning I went over to pull the shade down and guess what's walking across our property - yup, a bear!!  I ran and got the camera (which took a few seconds since I had it in my work bag instead of in its' usual place) and ran out on the deck and snapped a couple pics - I zoomed in on the second one and since the bear had noticed us by this time, he started running and my picture turned out pretty fuzzy!!  But this one turned out OK!  If this is the same bear we had last year on our deck, he has certainly grown!!  I'm sure he was heading over to the neighbors who put their trash out early morning on the road and by the time we drive by, it's scattered all over!!

But don't worry Evan - they'll be hibernating before we know it!!


Speaking of mornings, Glenn and I have both noticed that it's not only a LOT cooler in the morning (yesterday it was 38 degrees and this morning it was 39 degrees) but the sun is coming up later and it's much darker each day we get up..........sigh............once again fall is going to arrive much faster than we all want it too and we'll be getting up in the dark again!

With 4 of the grand kids here this last weekend, I discovered that I really needed to buy some beach towels - the bath towels were needed for REAL baths and it's always nice to have beach towels as their favorite thing to do is to get in the hot tub!!

So I ran to Walmart yesterday for a couple of items and just thought I would check - sure enough they were ON SALE!!  WHOO HOO!!  $3.99 apiece for these colorful towels - anybody ready to hit the beach????

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

That is TOO funny! He tends to have premonitions about such things! :) LOVE the new towels and hooray for sales!!

Anonymous said...

Hey we must shop at the same store - haha - I also have some that look like that - we use so many when we boat with everyone!! PS I won't tell Evan :)

Teri said...

That is so cute! Just make sure you hide the bear pictures when he comes. And great buys on towels! We bought a bunch a few years ago but hardly ever get a chance to use them :(