Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tea For Two - Or Is It Five?

I've wanted to take our 3 girls to tea in Cripple Creek ever since I went with the choir girls about 3 years ago but it has just never worked out - until Sunday afternoon when Jessi was still here from the wedding and the choir girls were going!!

The regular highway that we take to C. Crk was actually closed down due to a sinkhole so we met Beth in Florissant and took the other route, meeting Arlyne and her friend Mary there!

I had called ahead for reservations and the table looked so pretty with the matching cups and saucers and all the dainty things required for tea!!  After ordering our choice of hot or cold tea from a long list, the first course arrived - the tea sandwiches!!

Now isn't that the prettiest array of sandwiches you've ever seen?  And these weren't even all of them - after we ate all of the 3 trays, 2 more trays were brought in - the little sandwiches included turkey, ham, pastrami, hummus, egg salad, chicken salad, pimento and my favorite, cucumber!!

Even though we were using the miniature fork and spoon, I hadn't noticed the little teapots on the end till Jessi pointed them out to me!!  The grand kids would LOVE these gold utensils!

After a refill of tea and eating those little sandwiches, we were all rather full but the next course was homemade blackberry cobbler - it was delicious!

And our final treat were scones served with honey - they included chocolate chip, apricot and cranberry which was my favorite!

Here's Jessi and I with our teacups!

We explored the second story which has an art display and Jessi was intrigued by how historic the building was!! We both loved the really neat staircase, which has steps going up from the ground floor on each side!

And last but not least, is a picture of the remainder of the choir girls (Arlyne, Beth and I - Marilyn and Clara have both moved away) and Arlyne's friend Mary who is visiting from N. Carolina!


We indeed enjoyed our tea and now Jessi is really excited about getting the other 2 girls over here to enjoy it!!

Papa was babysitting Evan and Kenzie and when we arrived home, they were in the back of the jeep, ready to grade the driveway which had pretty deep ruts from the hard rains!  They loved riding in the back and I'm sure got bounced around quite a bit!!  What a fun weekend we all had!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Wow you have been busy! What a fun way to celebrate!

DrKeppy said...

I had such a wonderful time at tea - thank you SO much for taking me!!! I loved it!!