Thursday, August 2, 2012

Water Balloons and Fun Times

Saturday came and with it, another full day!!  I took Rayna and Kylan to see the new Ice Age movie in the morning - it was cute and I enjoyed it!!  We were 3 of only about 15 people in the theater though and it was kind of strange looking over at the EXIT sign and imagining the horror that happened in Aurora a week ago!!  I had decided I was going to get just a small popcorn and pop when we arrived (even though it was morning!) but I quickly changed my mind - I think they must have increased the prices once again for food and drink - the SMALL popcorn was $6.00 and the SMALL drink was $5.75 - I just couldn't part with my money for that!!!
After the show we went to Little Caesar's pizza to pick up pizza to go - I told Rayna I would be right back - and she turned to Kylan and said "yea, right - let's time her".  Well, Rayna couldn't believe it when I got back to the car 17 seconds later - she timed me!!!!  Yes, they're ready made pizzas already in the box and it doesn't take long to pay and pick them up!!
We took the pizzas to Jessi's and ate with her and by 1:00, Rayna and I were back on the road to go to her volleyball tournament - luckily we packed dinner as it was almost 8:00pm before we got back home!!  Rayna played great and it was wonderful to see how much she had improved from the last time I saw her!!!  Her team even made it into the semi-finals but didn't go any farther!!  I did a lot of reading.................

Besides the jam packed 3 days, I did have fun at the house with the kids.  Their newest thing to do is to make water balloons and drop them off of their parents balcony!  One kid would stand below and you would drop the balloon and get mainly their feet wet!!  Unfortunately, Kylan dropped one down when Rayna was looking UP and she got it right in the face!!!!

This is what you do when there is a fire ban in Colorado and you can't make s'mores over the campfire!
Rayna and I also had a great time shooting baskets!!  Yes, I USED to be a basketball player and I had so much fun shooting away!!!  We played game after game of horse and would also see how many times we could each make baskets in a row - great fun!!!

Even though this picture is one of a tuckered out Kylan, I could appreciate that feeling after my time in Denver!!!  It was a great 4 days but I was sure ready to head home on Sunday!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a great time. You got to do so many different things!

DrKeppy said...

You are such a great Nana! :)