Wednesday, October 31, 2012

TULUM

I can't tell you how excited I was to go to Tulum!! Glenn cooked us all a big breakfast and then we packed up our snorkeling gear and an ice chest - after coffee we finally headed out - it was amazing to see how much everything had changed from the last time we were here!!
 
We stopped in the little village, near where we stayed the first time with Teri and Jay and ate at a fantastic place called Mateo's - we knew it would be "fresh" food since they had crates of all different colors lined up against the wall with fresh fruits and vegetables!  I had forgot my camera in the car so Rene took the pictures for me (that's why I don't have any of them)  I ordered a pineapple, banana and mango smoothie and it was SOOOOOOO good!!!  We all enjoyed our tacos sitting at that outdoor place and then headed down the road, hoping that the beach we remembered was NOT private and inaccessible!!
Sure enough, we found it!!  We pulled in the area, parked the car and ran up the little incline to see if the beach looked the same and it did!!!  Just as beautiful and pristine as we remembered it!!!
 
 

 I couldn't wait to get in that warm, clear water!!!  It was SO MUCH FUN to walk and walk and walk out and still the water wasn't deep!

 The colors of the water were amazing!!  Every color of aqua you could imagine.........

 We all walked the beach, searched for treasures in the sand where the tide had washed up and did some snorkeling!
 This huge piece of driftwood looked like a photographers' dream and I had fun capturing it from different angles!


 There was one family actually camping in the parking area and the kids were playing  in the sand down by the driftwood - I happened to look over as the parents came down to the beach and were taking pics of the kids climbing on the driftwood - they were naked as jaybirds and I'm sure it made for a cute picture - then I happened to glance at the dad I assume and it looked like I could see his bare butt - before I even had a chance to comprehend that yes indeed he was naked, he turned around!!  I got an eyeful - ha ha!!

What do you think - Christmas picture???

By late afternoon it was turning cool and the sun was going down - Mexico went off of Daylights Savings Time on Sunday so it's dark by 6:00!!  And it was time to head back home - we decided since we were out and about that we would just go eat over on the "Mexican" side of Akumal - it's SO nice to have Rene' with us as he speaks fluent Spanish!!  So we went to, according to the locals, the best place to eat - no prices on the menu - we all ordered completely different meals so we could taste each others' and it was all excellent - especially the price - $27.00 for 4 meals and 4 sodas.  I think we'll be eating there again............what a fantastic day we had in Tulum- I'm ready to go back!!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

What can I say? It looks wonderful and I miss Tulum sooooo much. Have a wonderful vacation!

Patty Jensen said...

oh wow on the pics, the food, the scenary - oh wow oh wow oh wow!!!

DrKeppy said...

Beautiful beaches! I love the driftwood pictures- you did good!!