Monday, May 13, 2013

Baseball and Play Parks

What was I thinking heading out for Denver during rush hour traffic?  I guess I thought for once I wouldn't be stuck in traffic - but I was - to the tune of almost 45 minutes in Monument at a complete standstill (OK - that's not entirely true - we moved a total of 1/2 mile during that time!!)  It sure made for a LONG LONG drive to Denver but I finally made it - Jessi practically met me at the door with a wine cooler and had delicious tacos waiting for me!!  And of course her 2 kids plus Jaime's 2 kids that were there were all waiting for hugs - sure makes one feel special!!
 
I took Rayna and Kylan home later on and Jaime got off work at 9:00 - she wasn't feeling well at all so we made it an early evening!!  I usually sleep very well at her house but didn't sleep great, mainly because I was worried - Glenn had called me on the way up to Denver and could not find the current boat tags - I had given them to him over a week ago and remember them on the dining room table but that's the last I saw them!!  Glenn was heading to Pueblo to fish and spend the night on the boat and believe me, after the work week we had, he desperately needed some down time!!  All night my mind kept thinking of places where they could be but they never did show up!!!  Glenn went fishing anyway - and luckily the ranger never checked him!
 
Saturday I was up early and headed over to Jessi's to pick her up for coffee!!  Yes, we found a new place and were VERY happy with it - it's called Carino's and after we told them we were Caribou clients and really loved their turtle mocha's, they duplicated it the best they could - and it was excellent!!!  They also have a great place to sit and visit with lots of seating so we were both happy campers!!!
 
Then it was off to hit some garage sales - a fun time with some really good and unique ones - I didn't buy a lot but sure had fun and loved my purchase of mint condition hardback children's books!!  We raced over to pick up Rayna and Kylan and then back to get Evan and Kenzie and then headed to the boys game!! 
 
Did I forget to mention it was absolutely gorgeous out?????
 
 
Aren't they cute in their little t-shirts?  Both boys played very well and it was fun watching them!! 
 
Of course the pictures are all mixed up again (per usual with Blogger) so just skip through them and eventually, I'll write about them!

As you can see, Evan got the medal of the day and was also excited because HIS mom served snacks that day!!

A trip to Burger King was next for lunch - kids are so excited to get Happy Meals!!  They had a play area also which meant they had plenty to do after lunch!!  And then it was off to this super nice park in Centennial - wow - I've never been to a park like this!! 


 
This spider web crawl thing was really cute and the swings below were a big hit too!!!  The weather held out till the last moment and just as we were leaving, it began to rain a little bit!!

We were all tired by that time and a little sunburned so headed back to Jessi's house for a little quiet time for the kids!!  Late afternoon Jessi and I packed up everybody and headed over to Jaime's house for our Mothers Day Get Together - which is where I will start the next blog.................

1 comment:

Teri said...

Looks just perfect! So nice you get to spend all that time with them. Good luck with the boat tags - I know that feeling - where did we put them?????