Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mothers Day

I was sad to not see Jill for Mothers Day but she was coming to Denver the next weekend so opted not to come twice in two weeks!!
 
Jessi and I and the 4 kids headed over to Jaime's house late afternoon to fix a delicious dinner of shrimp linguine and Caesar salad, along with some wine!!  Jaime arrived home from work and we ate like kings!!
 
For dessert it was fondue!!  Jessi tried a new recipe which didn't work out at all but Jaime came to the rescue with one of hers and soon we were gorging ourselves on chocolate!!  An idea I had never thought of was dipping small pieces of rice crispy bars in the chocolate - yummy!!!

And then it was gift time!!  Jaime gave both Jessi and I a brightly colored serving bowl with microwave popcorn and candy inside and all the girls gave me my annual Rollin With The Flow book of last years' blogs - I LOVE it!!  I can't tell you how many times I sit on the couch and thumb through these books to read what I have written over the years!!

Next on the list was to give Kylan his birthday presents since we won't be up for his birthday - he has the cutest expressions!!  Here he just opened up a gift card for ITunes!!

This gift was sure a hit with both him AND Evan!!  It's guns that shoot these darts that stick to things - they had a lot of fun playing until it was time for Jessi and the kids and me to head back to Jessi's house for the night!!

Sunday dawned glorious outside!!  We walked to church and afterwards, grilled up some brats and walked to their park to eat a picnic lunch!  It was great being outside and food always tastes so much better that way!!

Then it was time for a game of Frisbee - we had a great time playing and all got a little sunburned with the nice weather!!

Jessi and I did some shopping later on and Jessi came home with some new clothes!!  We also went to her favorite yogurt place as they were giving away free yogurt (with whatever trimmings you wanted on it)  to moms for the first 6 oz.  Jessi had to pay 36 cents and mine was a whopping 13 cents - it was delicious, especially since it was almost free!!!

After that jam packed weekend, it was time for this Nana to head on home..........thankfully traffic was moving right along and I sailed home in record time!!  Thanks for a wonderful Mothers Day Weekend!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds so nice to spend time with your girls and grandchildren!