Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm sure you can hardly wait to hear about our wonderful weekend - all the fun things we did - all the great pictures I took............keep looking because it's sure not going to be found here!!

For the first time in many years, we had a work weekend - I know, I know, not very exciting at all and I was pretty bummed about it since it was a 3 day weekend!!  But we're still behind at work, the car was still broke down and the list just kept getting longer and longer and longer..............

So we just decided to stay home and work!!  Glenn did diagnose the car with a bad fuel pump and got it removed, but hasn't got it replaced yet!!  He worked on some old batteries we had at the house and got the workable ones figured out! He worked at the shop and got a few things done along with meeting a new client.   And he worked on the hot tub - the poor broken hot tub that we haven't got to use since last Feb!!!  It is now UP AND RUNNING!!!  But it's still having some issues!

I made a list about a mile long and worked my tail off over the past 3 days - I won't bore you with all the details, but just know I did what I had to do for the summer and that's all I'm doing!!!  The house is nice and clean - all the windows are washed - and the garage is swept and even FEELS clean if that's possible!!

In between work I did find time for coffee on the deck with a great book, movies in the evenings and the making of 2 new recipes which I added to my list!!

All in all it wasn't such a bad 3 day weekend except for the fact it was absolutely gorgeous outside and would have been a perfect weekend for ATVing and camping!!  But we can't cry about it now as it's over and done with - now we just need to look forward to the rest of summer - my list is done - is yours???????

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I need one of those work weekends at my house. When are you free? Ha! :)

Teri said...

I will definitely need one of those when I return. Now you can enjoy the rest of the summer