Friday, September 13, 2013

According To The Weatherman...................

it's not supposed to quit raining till next week!!  By that time, we'll have to build an ark!  Seriously, it's not a pretty picture here in Colorado -  the photos I'm seeing of the flooding are hard to believe - I mean first we're so dry that we have wildfires and now the rains have come and won't stop!

Hwy 24 to Colorado Springs has been open and closed so many times the past few weeks that you have to check and see if it's even open before you head down!  Yesterday, our 3 employees (who all live in Co Springs) did not get out of here in time and the pass closed - so they all rode together in one of the guys' truck and took the back roads - I believe it took them close to 2 1/2 hours to get home over a really rough, rain washed road!!  In fact, I no sooner got to work this morning and I received the text that the road they took was closed, due to a large sinkhole.

Glenn couldn't pack his truck with his hunting gear last night because it was raining so hard - but it didn't help to wait till 4:30am this morning as it was still raining..................I don't envy him and Brad hunting in the rain!

****************

As we know, inconvenient things come in "3's" and I've had one a day for the last 3 days so I'm set for another year - hopefully!!!  All computer related!!  First of all I had went to a website where I'm going to mail my video tapes to get transferred to DVD's and after filling out everything, I had to print out the paperwork to enclose in the box AND the shipping label - the printer worked but it was so light you couldn't read it - ink jets were full - what to do????  We hit the help button and started reading and decided we would try to "clean" the printer, even though we had no error showing!  But it worked - and that's all that counts!!  We were pretty proud of ourselves for figuring it out ourselves and not having to call Robby!

2nd - yesterday when I came into work, all of my documents would not open - Microsoft said that I had to purchase their product OR put in my 25 digit password deal to continue on.  That problem had to go to Robby - and a couple hours later, he had me up and running!!!

Today - I couldn't print out anything off of Glenn's email account - kept getting an error and tried everything I knew.  So called Steve (employee) up to check it out - he's pretty good at computers too!!  And after checking things out, he decided it was NOT the printer, it was Internet Explorer - I should have known - this has happened before and sometimes takes a few days to get resolved!!

I'm good to go!!!

*****************

The weekend IS MINE!!!  I'll be meeting a friend tonight to hear a speaker and doing dinner and maybe a movie with the choir girls tomorrow evening.  And I have a list of "projects" that I hope to accomplish this weekend, along with watching some chick flick movies.  Not on my list is cooking for the next week - no way - I can eat whatever I want and most of what I eat will NOT involve cooking!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I hate computer problems! I can't believe the weather you are having - unbelievable. Hope your weekend was great - enjoy the quiet time!