Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Fun

It's been a LONG time since we've attended a wedding - seems like the last few we've been invited to have all been out of state so we were unable to attend.  But last weekend that changed as we had a local wedding!!  The bride was friends with the girls through 4-H and her mom and I have been involved in 4-H for years and years............
 
Jill and the kids headed down Friday night and arrived late - Denver slowed them way down with an accident...........Robby had to work.  Of course the kids woke up when they got out of the car so we had a snack together and visited before all heading to bed!
 
I let Jill sleep in - she deserved it after that long drive - and we fixed the kids pancakes for breakfast - they LOVE choosing what they want for the "design" and Papa has fun trying to make the pancakes look like what they want - since Parker loves balls, that's what he usually requests - Glenn doesn't get to use his artistic ability too much on that!
 
 
I guess Aleah didn't make the cut this time - all my pictures are of Parker!!

Him and Aleah love to play on the pool table and even though this picture has way too much light on it, it's still cute!!  When I went down, he was just lying on the pool table holding his head up with his hand!! 
It was cool outside but we donned jackets and the kids had fun riding the bikes around and helping Papa dig a hole!!

Soon it was time to drop Parker and Aleah off at Robby's mom's house who was not only babysitting them during the wedding but keeping them all night!!

We headed down to Co Springs and the actual wedding was held in an old refurbished church - it was beautiful and the front looked out on Pikes Peak - they served champagne punch while we waited for the ceremony to begin which was delicious and we enjoyed visiting with people.  Gary and Jessi had met us there too and it was a short and beautiful wedding!

With an hour to kill before the reception at Phantom Canyon Brewery, we headed there and just hung out on another floor and visited!!


It was kind of fun to dress up as we don't do that very often!!

The reception was fantastic - open bar for the evening and yummy appetizers - a family style meal which was delicious - beautiful flowers - and just lots of fun!!

The bride, Natalie, baked and decorated all 5 layers of the cake and each layer was a different flavor - she really did a great job!!  We took lots of pictures of the "4-H" bunch and enjoyed some dancing too!

I see now that 1/2 of my pictures didn't download on the blog - oh well - such is life!!  I'll leave you with a group shot of our table - the extra couple is a Woodland Park couple who we had never met before but knew of and we enjoyed visiting with them throughout the evening!!    Believe it or not, I did NOT take my camera to this wedding but snapped a few on my phone - and finally learned how to download from the phone to the computer - pretty easy !!!


It was nice to sleep in Sunday morning with no kids!!  Jill stayed for a while and we had a fun time just hanging out while I drank my coffee - and then she was off to gather up her kiddos and drive back to Ft. Collins.  After doing the weekend laundry and chores, I decided I better start laying out clothes for the Sisters Weekend in Chicago which is coming up this weekend!!  Even though it's only 3 nights and 4 days, my suitcase looks like it will be pretty full - but what's new???  I ALWAYS overpack.............

1 comment:

Teri said...

Looks like a fun time. And don't overpack! Just need a few outfits - I am excited!