Monday, September 23, 2013

The First Of The Season

 
Snow that is - on top of Pikes Peak!!  It did turn pretty cold last night and since it rained non-stop for many, many hours,  it was no surprise to wake up to this!!  I'm sure very soon we'll have that in our own back yard!! (I took this picture out of the window at work so it's not the greatest!)
 
Funny thing is that our fall is late this year!!  Usually this upcoming weekend is our fall trip but due to a wedding and a potluck, we are unable to take the trip.  But by this time, the fall colors have peaked where we usually travel and are on the downhill side - not this year!

I finished up my "projects" that I wanted to get done this last weekend - the final closet to clean was our bedroom closet which goes way back in among the rafters!!  Why I had stored some things back there I have NO IDEA but of course they're now at Goodwill and the last box of pictures I found is all sorted and categorized!

But the MOST exciting thing to come out of cleaning that closet is ONE FULL BLACK garbage sack of CLOTHES AND SHOES that are now also at Goodwill!!  It was time to  put summer away and bring out winter - which means dragging the hang up clothes from downstairs to upstairs and vice versa and switching out the cubbies.  I sorted and sorted and just decided that I did NOT need to keep these things that I haven't worn for years..............usually I will take down a few things a year and stick them in a bag in the closet, knowing that if I absolutely needed it, it was still there!!  Not this year - I stuck it all in a bag and took it first thing this morning to Goodwill - GONE !!!!  And I feel SO GOOD about looking in my closet and not seeing jam packed clothes so tight that it's hard to even see what's in there!!

I even gave myself a pat on the back when I finished!!



1 comment:

Teri said...

Good for you! Now when are you coming to my house to organize:)