Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Sweet Barter

We have a new candy making place here in town and the owner needed his slabs of marble glued together that he uses to roll out candy making material.  So Glenn went up a couple of months ago and got it all taken care of - in the meantime the owner had brought down his samples of peanut brittle (I blogged on this before) and asked if I would consider a trade for Glenn's labor!!
 
I stopped at their place last month and decided that yes, this would be a perfect gift for our 5 guys - so yesterday I stopped in and boy, I've NEVER had the chance to spend $200.00 in a candy store!!  I picked out the allotted items for one basket and then just duplicated 4 more!!  In the box at the bottom of the basket is an assortment of chocolate bear claws, truffles and chocolate covered cherries!
Now that I've put together the boxes (that will be handed out today to our guys) I'm wondering WHY I didn't get an extra set for ME!!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I definitely think you deserve one - maybe you should put it on your Christmas list!!!

DrKeppy said...

Yummy! Your baskets turned out great!!