Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Happenings

Weekend 2 of our holiday happenings was with the Smiths!  We met them at Texas Roadhouse late afternoon on Saturday and had a great meal with lots of country music in the background - my kind of place!!
 
Then we were off to the zoo!!  It was cold of course but not as bad as the year before!!  We all put our long underwear on and braved the cold!!
 
The place was packed!! 

The lights were beautiful as usual and we enjoyed looking out over the city at the new elephant pavilion!!

I kept snapping pictures and snapping pictures and my flash just wouldn't flash - I figured there were just too many lights around until I finally found the setting for the flash and realized  my flash was turned OFF!  Geesh - I need to take Camera Settings 101 I guess!!! 

We rode the sky ride and boy was it cold going up there!!  But it's always pretty looking out over Colorado Springs!!  They had the cutest train all lit up and yes, Kylan is standing in the picture!!

Ah, what a cute couple!!

This is on the sky ride going down - AFTER I had finally figured out my flash!!

All in all, one great time at the zoo!!


We stopped at Starbucks after the zoo for some decaff coffee and hot chocolate - Jaime was freezing and just couldn't seem to get warmed up so we got home and put the electric blanket on her and soon she was toasty warm!!
 
The guys got up early to fish - we slept in of course or should I say the rest slept in - I opted to get up about 6:15 and do a few things before relaxing on the couch in front of the fireplace reading - ah, peaceful bliss!!
 
The morning flew by and soon it was time to head to Cripple Creek to see the production "The Christmas Blaze".  We took Kylan this time and he really enjoyed it!!  It was one of the best productions I've seen there and of course the "Olio" at the end was hilarious!!  I would go again if I could!!!

We bid the Smiths' goodbye and then headed to the "Unchoir" party over at Arlyne's house - there was a nice crowd this year and we all enjoyed visiting and eating a lot of great food!!!

One more weekend before Christmas - maybe some down time will be in order!!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

You have so many fun things to do! Enjoy them all.

DrKeppy said...

That sure does look like fun! I DEFINITELY want to do the melodrama next year!! Glad you had a great weekend!