Sunday, December 22, 2013

Friends & Decorations!

Another Living Social to use!!  I had bought 2 for Joseph's Fine Dining in Colorado Springs and friends John and Patty joined us on Friday evening!! 
 
Neither of us had been to this restaurant so we were anxious to try it - I knew it was out of our price range but with the coupon, it was affordable!!  The place was very nice inside and had a cozy fire going in the corner!!
 
We each choose an appetizer, entree and dessert from their pre-selected menu for the coupon and the table was decorated with those sparkly cut outs in holiday colors - what fun!!
 
I chose clam chowder which was delicious and Glenn had the vegetable soup which was also good but Patty chose the salad below - now how clever is that to use the cucumber slice to "wrap" the salad?
 John had the cream cheese/jalapeno stuffed mushrooms and they looked delicious!!

I had the chicken for my entree and it was very good with the sauce they put on it - I loved the cracker and the fresh asparagus and underneath it all were the mashed potatoes - a fantastic meal!!

 For dessert I chose New York cheesecake with caramel and raspberry sauce and we all had coffee to go with it - why is it coffee tastes SO good in a pricey restaurant??  Maybe because you pay so much for it that you HAVE to enjoy it???  Who knows?

Afterwards we headed out to drive around the Broadmoor to see the Christmas decorations - they were beautiful as usual and I snapped this one as we were driving by - I LOVE that tree!!

It was a great night with friends!!

Saturday night we had another set of friends over for dinner so a good excuse to clean the house and make a nice meal!!  We ended up playing pool in the basement - yes, I need to practice as I'm pretty bad but we had a great time!!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Looks like a really cool restaurant - and what a great lighted tree!