Thursday, December 26, 2013

There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays!!

I'm not fond of having Christmas right in the middle of the week - especially when you own a business and have to work the day before and the day after................

 Was it busy on Christmas Eve day? Not at all!  We shut down at noon so the guys could get home to their families and Glenn and I headed to Co. Springs for a couple of stops and a movie.  I was disappointed that there was really nothing I wanted to see - we had already seen Catching Fire and Frozen.  So I let Glenn choose the movie!

He didn't want to see anything very "deep" so he chose Anchorman II - oh my - it has to be in my Top Ten List of awful movies!!  Yes, there were a few laughs - yes, the music from the 70's was GREAT - but the movie itself gets a THUMBS DOWN!! 

After the movie we headed back up to Woodland Park for the 5:00 church service which was very nice and then on to Fiesta Mexicana for dinner.  I was surprised at how many people were eating out that night!!  Chicken nachos with all the trimmings and sopapillas dripping with honey and chocolate sauce were our choices that night!!

Christmas Day dawned bright and cold!!  It's always a little tough not being with the kids on Christmas Day but I knew their time was coming this weekend!!  I baked a cherry butter braid for breakfast and mid-morning made special coffee!!  I had to accomplish 3 major tasks on Christmas Day - packing up all the gifts, packing the clothes for 3 days, and getting all the food lined up to go!!

SO I alternated between all the packing and watching movies!!  While I watched All I Want For Christmas and The Santa Clause, Glenn made phone calls to his sons and mom and who knows who else?

Late afternoon we watched a couple movies that I had on hand - Nick of Time and DJango and both of those were good!!  Shrimp was on the menu for dinner that night along with pumpkin bread and a salad so it all tasted yummy in front of the TV!

We will head to Denver tonight after work - it sure doesn't seem to be busy here and since I'm already done with what needs done, I just may have to do some scrapbooking!!!

No comments: