Thursday, February 19, 2015

It's Not New Mexico!

But it's probably a lot prettier than New Mexico!!  Glenn and I had planned to take a little mini trip for 3 nights to Eagle Nest, NM as there was a lake there where he wanted to go ice fishing!  I booked a cute cabin for 3 nights and we were all set to go EXCEPT Glenn happened to check the website on Sunday night and they had closed the lake for fishing due to unsafe ice................

Plan B then came into effect - I cancelled the 3 nights in NM and booked 2 nights at another cute cabin over at Almont, CO.  I love the little town of Almont - we've stayed there a few times at the Almont Resort in rustic cabins but this time I was looking for something just a little nicer since I would be hanging out in the cabin while he fished in the next town.  And I found just what I wanted at The Three Rivers Resort, which is right next door to where we had stayed before!!

We headed out Tuesday morning as they said we could have an early check in and stopped in Gunnison first for lunch - crepes and coffee for me!!  The crepe had a vanilla creme sauce inside and was SO GOOD!!

 We drove out to Blue Mesa Reservoir so Glenn could peek at the ice and then headed to Almont and checked in!!

 The cabin was like a mini modular and it was perfect - everything I needed and wanted in a cabin - the best part was the view of the river which actually runs all winter!  There are 3 rivers that come together in this little town - the East River, the Taylor and the Gunnison. And I'd just sit there and watch that river pass by.....................


 Glenn headed out to ice fish while I unpacked and settled in with a great book and some good music!!  I had brought plenty of snacks to chow down and really enjoyed myself!!  Took a short walk (as you either walked in the mud or on the ice!!) and stood on the bridge and took this picture - the river is so pretty!

 Glenn didn't have any luck at ice fishing that afternoon nor the entire next day!!  But he still enjoyed his time on the ice and that's all that counts!!  I enjoyed my books, 3 movies and probably gained a couple of pounds from all the chips I ate - but who cares, that's what trips are all about!!

Oh yea, there was a fireplace too......................we'll definitely stay in one of these cabins again!!


3 comments:

Teri said...

Now that is a vacation!

DrKeppy said...

Ahhh it looks wonderful! I want to come too!!! :)

Patty Jensen said...

:)