Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Glenn asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I replied absolutely nothing!!  Although I do love getting flowers, I'd rather receive them at a different time than Valentine's Day since they're so expensive during the holiday.

Actually what I wanted was chocolate covered strawberries!!  Since I was heading into town on Friday for my tax appointment, I decided to check them out at the store - I was appalled!!!  6 strawberries for $8.99!!  Sure they looked nice but really?????

Regular strawberries were on sale for $2.00 a box so I grabbed a couple of boxes knowing I would just settle for them................but after I got home I started thinking about those chocolate covered ones and I checked my pantry - sure enough there was leftover chocolate almond bark from Christmas so I did the next best thing!!!  Take a peek!!

They taste absolutely wonderful!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Looks wonderful! I just bought some strawberries - maybe I should do that too!

DrKeppy said...

Mnmmm I do love your chocolate covered strawberries!