Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Monday Blues

I'm sure glad it's Tuesday because Monday was the pits!!  And I always say, when you have a bad day, just know the next day will be better!

Glenn has been working on the plumbing for a long time at the new house - but he has a leak somewhere as the pipes won't hold air for very long (and that's a requirement of course to pass inspection) so he is on Day #3 of trying to find the leak!  What a process - I did go up and help and did discover 2 leaks but there is still another one somewhere - we're just praying it's NOT under the concrete!

It was laundry day so I was on my 2nd load and happened to go down to check the dryer and it's a good thing I did as the laundry room was flooded with water!  I raced over in the water to shut off the washer as that was overflowing but even shutting off the washer didn't stop the water from coming in - I raced back out to shut off the water main and then of course remembered I could have shut off the valves right by the washer too!

After mopping up water with most of the towels in the house, I dipped water out of the washer till it was at a normal level and then let it go through the rinse cycle and spin out - Glenn was home by this time and I told him what had happened but I knew I had to get the water out of the washer before we would be able to move it out and see what the problem was.

When I lifted the lid and started taking the clothes out, I noticed they were all covered in small bits of stuff and there was a lot of sand in there.............what a mess shaking all of that stuff off the clothes!  I went ahead and did a load of towels then and stayed down in the laundry room the entire time and it worked just fine - all I can think of is that the pipe or hose was getting clogged with whatever and when I turned off the water and then back on, it all came out in the load of clothes.  Trust me, I will stay downstairs the next time I do laundry and make sure it is STILL working OK!

And while I was up at the new house helping Glenn, I told him he needed to stop and build a fire in the stove as it was so cold up there - and he told me he had no dry wood (remember all the snow we got?) and he couldn't split any because his chain saw was broke down.............Bummer!

Let's hope the rest of the week goes a little better!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

It has to get better! You are running out of things to go wrong!