Sunday, October 25, 2015

Our Tech Guy Takes Charge

Robby, Jill and the kids headed down from Ft Collins on Friday afternoon since Jill had the day off from school, as did Aleah.  This weekend Robby was going to do the inside wiring for the tv, speakers, dish and phones.  I don't quite understand all that wiring and Glenn was sure glad for the help as this is  right down Robby's alley!!

Friday afternoon we walked up to the new house to see the progress - on the way up, Parker found a rock that he insisted on carrying up to the house and back down to the old house!  He had seen painted rocks at a pumpkin patch the day before and he was bound and determined to paint this rock!!  So that's just what he did!!

Aleah painted a picture and spent a lot of the weekend coloring!

Saturday the guys headed up to work on the wiring - I had a basket filled with scraps of paper that had "fun" things to do all day so the kids took turns picking one out and doing what was on the list!  I think they had more fun actually choosing the piece of paper out of the basket than doing the activity!

We headed into Woodland Park that afternoon to play on the neat playground and get smoothies!

Parker cracks me up in this picture!

We had a tea party out on the deck even though it was a little chilly out!  Notice how daintily Parker is eating his cheerios!!

The best part of the choices in the basket were 2 pieces that said "free time".  That meant the 2 kids had to go play by themselves and let Jill and I do whatever we wanted with NO interruptions!  Jill enjoyed looking through my old scrapbooks and having a few laughs (no, make that a LOT of laughs!!)

The guys got all the wiring done on Saturday - I even got Robby to sort through my "electrical" box and bag which have been growing in size for the last 10 years!  I was thrilled when MOST of the stuff went in the trash!!

Sunday morning was hot chocolate time - I've never seen a kid drink hot chocolate as fast as Parker does!!

I have a box that has little toys in it for the kids and they get to pick something out before they go home - notice Parker's hand in the above picture?  Yup - no trucks for him - you can sure tell he has an older sister to play with!!

What a fun weekend with the Savages'.  It's hard to believe that the next time they come down, we SHOULD be in the new house!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

They look so old! When did they grow up??? What a fun time and I love the idea of paper strips with things to do - you will have to send me some of your ideas as I will have 4 days with the grandkids at Christmas and that would be a fun thing to try.

Jill said...

It was a great weekend! Thanks for all the fun and laughs!