Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Galarzas' FINALLY Come To Colorado

We've been waiting patiently for our good friends, Cindy and Rene', to visit us in Colorado and they FINALLY made it!!  They now live in WA state and we've been out there once to visit but we were hoping they would get to Colorado BEFORE we moved out of this house and into the new one!  And they arrived early Wed. morning!

I picked them up at the airport (which is a crazy story) and had high hopes of just waiting in the cell phone parking lot and then picking them up at passenger pickup but it wasn't to be!  As I pulled into the airport and crossed 4 lanes of traffic to get to the cell phone lot exit, it was all blocked off.  OK - now where to go?  I just kept driving in hopes I would find a spot to park and I didn't so decided to just park at the covered parking which is very close to walk in.  That wasn't to be either as the lot was full and the ONLY other place you could go was into the regular lot to park..............it was crazy full and I ended up parking next to a tractor and 2 snowplows which were right on the edge of the lot!!

Cindy and Rene' had landed by the time I was parked but did have to get luggage so I walked and walked and walked and rode 2 elevators to get into the terminal, all the while TRYING to remember how to get back out to my parking spot!  The only redeeming factor in all of this is that I raced up to Caribou Coffee and got myself a turtle mocha before I met Cindy's down at the baggage claim!

Walking back out to the car, 2 people flagged us down and asked if we were parked in the covered parking and could they have our space - when we got out to the regular lot, a gal pulled up beside us and asked if we were leaving and we said yes.  She asked if SHE could follow us to our car and take our spot - even offered us a lift there!!!  That's how bad the parking was with all of the construction!

Anyway, we FINALLY got out of Denver and talked a mile a minute back to our house!!

Thursday Glenn worked while Cindy, Rene' and I headed to Cripple Creek - I had booked a tea for Cindy and I and Rene' was going to visit the museum there.  Tea was lovely as usual!!


 After tea we headed up to the Visitor Center!

 They have a great museum there and we enjoyed walking around for quite a while!!


We had a yummy pork loin dinner that evening and made plans for the hot springs on Friday!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

So glad they made it to your place - what a great time!

Jill said...

Tea looks like it was fun as always!