Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pancake Rocks

Jan and I decided to hike Pancake Rocks this last week - we had hiked the falls the week before and we had taken Jessi and Gary on that hike when they were down.  After a mile up, there's a turn off to Pancake Rocks and we knew it would be a difficult hike but we had no idea it would be that tough!!

Not long after we took the turn-off, my heel started hurting and I knew a blister was forming!  I had put a band aid on that morning but it didn't seem to do any good!  We hiked up and up and up over rocks and lots of tree roots - and my heel hurt with each step!

We stopped after a while and I put on 2 more band aids, hoping that would help but it really didn't!  Luckily the air was cool as I don't think we could have gotten far in the blazing sun!  The views were awesome though!


Although it seemed like we had hiked for miles, apparently it wasn't far enough as we never reached Pancake Rocks - and between my heel hurting and Jan's exhaustion (she had just flown home from spending a week at sea level in Houston), we decided we had to turn around!

Oh well, we tried and we failed - but I'm not even sure we will attempt it again as it was one tough hike!!


1 comment:

Teri said...

Beautiful! You should try again when you are both rested - bet it would be great!